BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Basic Flute = CHECK

       Oh yeah, I finally can play the flute! At least the basics. Not only can I get the notes to actually come out now, but I have plenty of the fingerings memorized, and can play them in sequences. By now I can play Loch Lomond and Minuet, checking off two items on my list that I posted in the last post. As for learning the notes.... well, let me prove it to you with pictures! The red dots are where you press down. Plus, I was unable to show the back fingerings - except for C, the thumb is always pressed down.

A

Ab

B

Bb

C

D (so far, the only one not using the right pinky!)

Eb

F

F#

G
    Two interesting things to note - one, the only fingering (so far) that doesn't use the left thumb is C and the only fingering that doesn't use the right pinky is D. The other interesting thing is that the fingerings are somewhat similar to clarinet fingerings. Observe:

High F# (left thumb and octave key are pressed on the back)

High F (left thumb and octave key are pressed on the back)
    See what I mean? The F and F# flip-flop! Some of the others are very similar, such as A and G. *ahem* Anyways, back to flute! These notes are used to create the lowest octave on the flute, as well as the middle octave - the third octave, however, uses different fingerings on occasion.

New Goals:
  • Find and play third octave notes
  • Learn C#, thus completing the bottom two octaves

0 comments: